Gardener Required for a Private Garden near Naas in Co. Kildare
A gardener is required for a large private garden in the Naas, Co. Kildare area. The garden consists of multiple areas including large lawns, formal style garden, woodland garden, rose garden, young arboretum, and nursery.
The applicant will be required to take over all manner of garden activities to ensure the upkeep of the garden and the further development of the plantings undertaken. The garden is situated within a large working farm with other employees and has a good working environment. The quality of the planting has been much acclaimed and we are visited by many gardening groups.
- B.Sc. in Horticulture desired but not mandatory with relevant experience working in a large garden or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of garden, propagation and planting.
- Genuine interest and passion for plants and ability to plan large display beds.
- Ability to multitask and work on own initiative.
- Own transport with a full driving license.
- The maintenance and upkeep of all areas of the garden.
- The planning and management of the propagation of nursery stock for use in the garden and surrounding farmland.
- Liaise with garden owners for additional duties as they arise.
Go to JobsInHorticulture.ie to apply for the job.
About Rathbawn Gardens
Originally a small garden surrounding the family home, Rathbawn Gardens has seen extensive renovation and expansion since 2008. The first addition was the Japanese-inspired Island and the beginning of the arboretum.
In 2012 the excavation and construction started on the formal garden. Inspired by an apprentice’s garden at Hampton Court, London. The construction and shape of the garden was guided by Arthur Shackleton. The final design and planting was helmed by Jimi Blake in 2013, and an extension was added in July 2014. In late 2012, the paths through the Woodland Garden, which was originally an area of dense forest, were cleared. This allowed for the final design and planting in 2013.
With the addition of new gardens in 2013, Rathbawn extended its workforce to include a head gardener was. This role was filled by Ciarán Farrelly (BSc Hons) a Horticulture graduate of Institute of Technology Blanchardstown. Ciarán has worked in a variety of gardens including; Hunting Brook Gardens, Co.Wicklow and the Walled Garden at Malahide Castle, Dublin. This is an exciting time for Rathbawn Gardens as we look to the future development of the gardens and welcoming the public to enjoy our various scenic gardens.