National Organic Training Skillnet is teaming up with a group of innovative farmers from around the country to provide a series of 11 unique “Biological Farm Walks” throughout summer and autumn 2019.
These will be highly-informative and demonstrative farm walks with some of Ireland’s most creative farmers working in the Biological/Regenerative Agriculture sector. Learn from innovative cereal crop growers, pioneering horticulturalists, ground-breaking beef farmers, and more. These farmers will talk about what has worked and what hasn’t worked for them, as well as their thoughts on a wide range of methods used in regenerative agriculture, organic growing, soil health, and biological farming.
NOTS are offering a “Season Ticket” for just €40 which allows you access to all 11 walks –pricing them at less than €4 per event. You can pick and choose which walks suit you – with no obligations. Click on this link for booking information: https://nots.ie/courses/biological-farm-walks-2019/
If you have any issues or questions about booking, contact NOTS on 071 9640688 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Biological Farm Walk Dates 2019:
- Wednesday 10th July: Tommy Tierney. Tipperary (5-7pm)
- Tuesday 23rd July: Jim Cronin – Organic Gardening, Clare (2-5pm)
- Wednesday 24th July: Mark Gillanders – Monaghan (5-7pm)
- Saturday 3rd August: Stephen O’Reilly – Cluainview Farm, Kilkenny, (11am-1pm)
- Wednesday 7th August: Trevor Harris – Kildare (5-7pm)
- Saturday 24th August: John McHugh – Laois (2-4pm)
- Thursday 26th September: Andrew Bergin – Kildare (5-7pm)
- Wednesday 2nd October: Gordon Hardiman – Galway (5-7pm)
- Date TBC: Thomas Fouhy – Cork (Time TBC)