Doonwood Nurseries and Garden Centre require a Nursery Operative
We are a small but expanding nursery/garden centre based outside Mountbellew in Co Galway.
We grow, source and sell all types of trees, hedging and shrubs. We deal with the general public and landscapers.
Due to ongoing expansion, we have a requirement for a nursery /garden centre employee.
- This is a permanent position
- Initially, the position will be 4 days a week with the possibility of moving to 5 days a week
- This position may suit a qualified horticulturist and is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking person
- Given the size of the nursery, the person will be able to gain a wide variety of experience
- Ensuring plants are prepared and presented to the highest standard for customers
- Harvesting of trees/plants from the field to the nursery
- Dealing with customer queries
- Lining plants into nursery fields and potting up plants for garden centre sales
- Propagating plants
- Preparing customer orders for pallet delivery
- Planting hedges and trees for customers on-site
- General ongoing maintenance of garden centre, field and shed areas
- Other related tasks
- Experience of working in a horticultural environment desirable but not essential.
- A willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
- A pro-active and positive attitude to work.
- A keen interest in plants and horticulture
- Good attention to detail.
- Please note that this position will require the successful candidate to work some Saturdays and have a full clean driving licence.
Go to HorticultureJobs to apply to this job.
To reflect the level of candidates experience.