The Orchard, a large Independent Lifestyle retailer are urgently seeking an experienced Retail Horticulturist for our award-winning store.
Our Horticulturists have a passion for all things plants & garden, are customer focused and sales driven.
- Maintain the garden centre to the highest possible standard
- Responsible for management waste control
- Delivering exceptional customer service by focusing on the things that matter to customers
- Deliver expert advice and services to customers
- Merchandising stock and creating powerful displays to company guidelines
- Maintain and seek to improve excellent levels of product knowledge
- Ensure that all pricing tickets are accurate and up to date
- Comply with health & safety regulations
- To be fully engaged with the store team, working flexibly to provide support to all areas of the store as required, in order to reflect the needs of our customer varying demands
- Assist with stock taking and stock control
Experience & Skills:
- 2 years year Horticulture Diploma preferred or 3 years of sales experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the establishment and maintenance of plants, pruning, fertilizing, pests and diseases
- Ability to use a variety of horticulture tools and equipment
- Independent decision making and problem-solving
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Sales driven and constantly striving to exceed targets
- A good eye for creating inspirational displays and colour coordination
- Strong communication and relationships building skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Why join us:
- Fun, high energy working environment
- Great team spirit across our company
- A culture of developing and promoting staff from within the business
- Generous staff discount
- Excellent commission system
Excellent package for the suitable candidate.
Go to HorticultureJobs to apply to this job.